Friday, April 9, 2010

Steak and Beans and Avocado....oh my


The marinated flank steak, spicy slaw, avocado puree, grilled scallions, and pinto beans. Grilled the flank on a smoking hot grill to just med-rare. As for the avocados they hold a soft spot in my heart, their healthy fat and mouthfeel is unamtched. They are especailly excellent when paired with grilled beef. I really like just pureed with salt, lime, and a bit of heavy cream. As for the slaw- i simply cut the cabbage as fine as i can then throw in some red onions, cilantro, radish, and carrot. I salt it and then juice a few limes on to it and a bit of olive oil, allowing an hour or so for it to macerate before serving. The pintos got some sauteed onions, and some epazote (a mexican spice that prevents gas when eating beans-that also tastes amazing) and slow cooked in my dutch oven. This is a meal i get a ton of satisfaction from preparing and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment